Gaskets and seals are very general terms for any type of profile that is intended to fill a gap or void and create a barrier.
Both gaskets and seals are commonly used for:
- Water resistance
- Air barriers
- Tight seals
- Vibration elimination
- Securing components
Gaskets and seals are often lumped together into the same category because they both provide a strong sealing force, but their functions are slightly different. Seals are used to connect and seal two moving parts, while gaskets are commonly used as static seals between two flat surfaces set in place. Materials used for either product vary, but are often dictated by the specific application and corresponding environmental and chemical exposure.
Extruded rubber gaskets and seals from ELBEX provide superior stability and protection compared to other types of expansion joints because of our team that’s dedicated to quality through the entire extrusion manufacturing process.
Applications of Gaskets and Seals
Extruded rubber gaskets and seals are most commonly used in the following industries:
- Automotive - Extruded rubber seals are commonly used between engine parts, pumps, and shafts that rotate while gaskets are used as static seals between two flat surfaces that do not move.
- Plumbing - Rubber gaskets are often used in piping and plumbing applications to provide a strong, lasting, water-tight seal between two pipes.
- Water Control - Similar to piping and plumbing applications but on a much larger scale, our gaskets and seals are common solutions in water control applications to provide water-tight seals.
Because of the versatility of our extruded rubber profiles, they can be used as a viable sealing solution in so many different industries and applications. Our design and engineering team can assist you in finding the right extrusion to meet your needs.
Please contact us to discuss your specific application needs.
Industries We Serve
Custom Extrusion Design and Value-Added Services
In addition to designing and engineering custom extrusions, we are able to provide many value-added services, such as in-house die tooling, on-site silicone mixing, and silicone color matching, as well as printing, cutting, splicing, and taping.
We take pride in our ability to deliver custom-manufactured gaskets and seals to meet your specification requirements.
Engineering Resources to Support Your Project
- Custom Onsite Tooling - We meet our customers’ needs for unique custom extrusions with in-house, custom tool and die design services.
- Technical Information - We offer several technical resources and PDFs to assist in the design of effective and efficient rubber extrusions.
- Materials Selection - We can help control the cost of your product while achieving the proper performance levels with smart materials selection.
- Design Assistance - Every application is unique and we stand ready to offer design assistance and even troubleshoot old problems.
Request a Quote
Interested in extruded rubber gaskets or seals from ELBEX? We’re happy to assist with your project. Submit an RFQ online now or contact us for more information.